Who is subject to Air Regulations?
The resources below will help you learn about local, state and federal air pollution control regulations and how they apply to your business.
In Pennsylvania, Allegheny and Philadelphia counties have air pollution control regulations separate from the rest of the state. If your business is in one of those counties, refer to the links below. Federal air pollution regulations apply to all facilities in the U.S.
- EPA Region 3 Air Quality Information
- EPA Office of Air and Radiation
- EPA Rules and Regulations Open For Comment
- List of Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAP)
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 40
- National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP)
Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) Bureau of Air Quality (applies to all counties except Allegheny and Philadelphia)
- DEP Air Quality Regulations (PA Code Article III)
- DEP Proposals Open for Comment
- DEP Air Permit Information and Application Forms
- Phone Number: 412-578-8103 or 412-687-ACHD
- ACHD Air Pollution Control Regulations
- ACHD Permit Application Forms
- Phone Number: 215-685-7585
- Philadelphia AMS Air Pollution Control Regulations
- Philadelphia AMS Permit Application Forms
If you have any questions about the various regulations, forms, and applications or how they might apply to your company, contact an EMAP Consultant for assistance. EMAP can provide you with individual assistance that is free and confidential.