Green Certification Programs & Organizations
Consumers, purchasers and clients show increasing demand for businesses to show transparency and integrity in labeling "green" products. A green product certification assesses by an independent, third-party organization can communicate a product's environmental attributes clearly.
Searching for a green certification for your small business?
Consult EMAP's list of federal, private, and nonprofit certification programs to find the one that bests suits your products or services.
Certifications for Any Type of Business
Many voluntary government and independent certifications apply to any type of business. These green certification organizations offer services from energy or water use analysis to complete product life-cycle assessments.
U.S. EPA Programs
- EnergyStar (energy efficiency for appliances)
- Design for the Environment (environmental product certification)
- WaterSense (water efficient products & services)
Many industries have specific environmental concerns, from air quality to pesticides to recycling materials.
- Restaurants & Food Service
- Builders & Contractors
- Hotels & Lodging
- Automotive Repair
- Electronics Retailers
- Independent Organizations:
- Rainforest Alliance
- Scientific Certification Systems
- Marine Stewardship Council